Monday, June 7, 2010

Barlow Fall 2010 Collection


It's very, very possible that Barlow is my new favorite brand. I know, I know, I've said this a few times throughout this blog, but I reaaaally, reaaaally think that Barlow is it! I only recently discovered this line while at the Cynthia Vincent Showroom, where it shares space with both CV and Mike&Chris. With a lot of inspiration from menswear, and casual menswear, might I add (which we should all know by now, is my guilty pleasure), the line is a catastrophic mix of "tomboy and vixen," "sex and geometry," "his and hers," and "avant-grade and traditional." OB-SESSED. The designers, Molly Girard Coonan and Alice Barlow not only turn classic sportswear pieces completely upside-down, but they bring an awesome sense of humor to their designs. Tees with oversized shoulder pads that mock football uniforms, a top that whose muse was a fisherman...I had an especially fun time trying on a sweater where the hood was based off of the masks of WWE wrestlers (see pictures and look book below). I mean really...who would think of that?! The entire collection is creative, innovative, and completely unexpected. I am officially so, so, so, so, soooooo in love.


Thanks again to Angie over at the showroom for showing me the collection and giving me the Fall 2010 Look Book!
I've included a bunch of pages from the look book. It is probably preeettttty apparent by the amount of pictures below, that I had a reaaaallllly hard time choosing favorites...

For more on Barlow, click here
Check out my coverage for iheartheels of the Barlow Fall 2010 Collection here


xx.
M

3 comments:

  1. Love that hoodie. It's so cool

    Great pics

    http://makeupbykim-porter.com/blog

    check it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. that hoodie is amazing and it belongs in my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why your in love with this. What an amazing collection each piece is very sophisticated, lovin it! and yes it was the cape I ended up getting from the other post :)

    www.fashionat5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete